Use testimonials from your customers to your advantage. They help build your credibility, so compile a testimonial file. Ask everyone you work with for written endorsements; leave no stone unturned!
Guidelines for securing Testimonials
- Get in the habit of asking every client or customer for letters of praise.
- Ask them to state how great your work was and how much they enjoyed working with you. You’ll be surprised how highly they extol you and how wonderfully they express it
- Ask for endorsements during the first thirty to sixty days or as soon as short-term projects are complete
- Have your clients/customers write their testimonials on their letterhead and limit them to one or two paragraphs
- Explain to clients/customers that you plan to post the testimonials on your newsletter, blog, and Website, and use them in promotional materials
- Point out to your clients/customers that the testimonials could help them by increasing their visibility
When you begin receiving testimonials, update your Website regularly to add recent praise and delete that which is dated. However, you may want to continue to run a few older testimonials because they attest that you’ve got a long track record delivering customer satisfaction!
How have testimonials benefited you? Let us know in the comments below.